February 8, 2012

I'm still here...

Although it's had me down for a few days, I'm finally starting to kick this flu in the butt.  I hope.

I started feeling sick Sunday night, but just assumed it was all this fun morning sickness stuff.  I woke up at 3:00 Monday morning and threw up.  I still figured it was morning sickness.  I then threw up again at 5:15 and I told Tyler I thought it was the flu.  And then the day from hell started...

I threw up and had diarrhea (sorry...gross, I know) every hour until I gave in at 8:00 that night.  Every sip of water I took came right back up.  I knew I was dehydrated and obviously that wasn't good for the baby so I went into the hospital.  After miserably sitting in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours and throwing up twice while there, they finally got me in.  I was very dehydrated so they gave me two IV bags of fluids right away.  My potassium was also low so they gave me a boost of that and gave me medicine to help with the nausea.

Yesterday I was in bed all day.  Although I wasn't throwing up because of the medicine, I was so weak and couldn't even stand up.  But today I am feeling a lot stronger and am finally able to eat some food.  I've been trying to drink lots of water and Gatorade.  I tried not to take the nausea medicine today (I just don't like taking things if I don't have to), but I got very nauseous so I ended up taking some.  I know my doctors wouldn't give it to me if it wasn't safe, but I hope I won't need it the next couple of days. 

They did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was ok and we heard the heartbeat and saw our little babe.  That was such a good feeling!  As miserable as I was, I knew I had to at least keep trying to drink liquids for the baby.  My body just wouldn't let me keep it down. 

Now I am just praying that Kyla and Tyler don't get it!  Tyler has been sleeping on the couch all week and until today, I've basically been in my bedroom nonstop.  But I'm still so paranoid that Kyla will get it!

Kyla will be 13 months tomorrow so I'm hoping to get some pictures to share since it's been forever.  Thanks for sticking with me and still reading.  I promise I will be a better blogger when I'm feeling better!  And those pictures on my banner up top are in serious need of updating.  That will happen soon too!

I had to share this picture from this past weekend.  How precious is this?  She was already a Daddy's girl, but since I've been sick, it's gotten worse!  I think it's adorable :)  (I took it on my camera so the quality kinda stinks)


  1. Oh no, that sounds awful!!! Hope you're feeling better soon and that Kyla stays healthy!

  2. hope you are feeling better.
    And I love that picture!

  3. Aww that is no fun, I hope you start feeling better soon. Hope Tyler & Kyla don't get it

  4. I had to take those pills, I did not want to. However it made going to work much easier. Good Luck!